What takes place if Alabama makes the Bottom 10?
- Ryan McGee, ESPN Elder WriterSep 13, 2023, 07:00 AM ET Close Senior author for ESPN The Publication and ESPN.com 2-time Sports Emmy winner
- 2010, 2014 NMPA Writer of the Year
Inspiring idea of the week:
Do you understand who I am?Have you any idea who I am?Do you understand how I tried?Have you any
idea how I tried?You will understand who
I am When that time comes, you’ll know who I am And you will know who I am
–” Do You Know Who I Am
? “Elvis Presley Here at Bottom 10 Headquarters, situated backstage at the Chuckle Hut in Athens, Georgia, waiting on the best of Matt Stinchcomb’s one-man impersonation show”Steve Spurrier On Steve Spurrier,”we, like the Head Ball Coach, value those who, like the Head Ball Coach, are really self aware. They understand exactly who they are, and they want us to understand that they know exactly who they are.Here in the Bottom 10 Cinematic Universe,
there is rarely much wanting for such cognizance. Our people understand exactly who they are, and they end up being really angry when they believe that the rest people are not fully on board with their overboard self-perception. As in throwing themselves overboard currently, after just 2 complete weeks of football games have actually been played.In the B10CU, we call that #Bottom 10Lobbying.@ESPNMcGee If Nevada isn’t ranked # 1 in the next version of the Bottom 10 then the rankings are
invalid.– Frank (@mugtang)September 10, 2023 Hey Ryan if you haven’t currently done so, please give BC strong consideration for Bottom 10. Lost to G5 group Week 1 & barely endured vs 1AA former competing the other day. Oh yeah & the G5 team that beat them Week 1 lost to 1AA group the other day.– BurkieInBoston(@BurkieInBoston)September 10, 2023 In offering our suggestions to those working so difficult to encourage us of their worthy unworthiness, we funnel a young Obi-Wan Kenobi, speaking to his breathless padawan Anakin Skywalker beyond a Coruscant night club as they chase a bad person.”Persistence … think …”Your time will come if it hasn’t currently. Trust us. Then, as you wait, we remember Obi-Wan’s next act. To get a drink.With apologies to Ewan McGregor, Patrick King and Steve Harvey, here’s the Post-Week 2 Bottom 10. 1. Arkansaw State Fightin’Butches (0-2 )The problem? The Red Wolves lost 37-3 to Memphis. The bright side? That’s literally not half as bad as Week 1
, when they lost to Oklahoma 73-0. I’m no mathematician, but at this rate of decrease they are close to entirely neutralizing and thus ought to spend Week 3 entering into endless OTs with Stony Brook. 2. No-vada( 0-2)Well, @mugtang, the Wolf Pack didn’t land in the top bottom spot, however after falling to My Own Private Idaho 33-6, they did leap from the Waiting List into the next-to-the-top bottom area. Now they host Kansas, which not so long would have been a slam-dunk Pillow
Battle of the Week prospect, however then the Jayhawks chose to get all highfalutin and begin winning football games. 3. Buffalo Bulls Not Expenses (0-2) An opening loss to Wisconsin on the road, that’s okay. But a loss in the house to FCS Fordham in which the Rams quarterback throws 5
touchdown passes, that’s very bad. Fordham had already lost this season to the Albany Great Danes, who lost to Marshall and Hawai’i and were selected 11th in the 15-team Colonial Athletic Association’s preseason poll. Heads up, Arkansas State, Stony Brook was picked 14th. 4. #Kentergy(0-2 )There are just 15 0-2 teams, and 3 reside within the rusty
octagon that is #MACtion, consisting of Buffalo and the State of Kent. In case you were questioning– and we were– the Golden Flashes and Bulls are slated for a Week 8 throwdown at Kent. And in case you were wondering– and we most absolutely were– Kent deals with that other 0-2 MAC group, Baller State, in its next-to-last game Nov. 18. But considering Ball State has actually concluded its SEC East Invitational(Kentucky and Georgia, combined rating 89-17), it should not be 0-and-whatever for long. 5. Around the bowl and down the hole, Roll
Tide Roll( 1-1 )Editor’s Picks 2 Associated I have actually been composing these
rankings for a decade now and during that time basically every college football power broker has landed in the Coveted Fifth Spot. From Ohio State and Michigan to Georgia and USC. Heck, Clemson was here simply last week! I have put everyone here other than Alabama– until now. Truthfully, I didn’t believe the Tide’s loss to Texas was an indication that Bama is bad as much as it was the Horns are pretty good. Likewise truthfully, I just wish to see what takes place now that I have actually finally done this. Will the earth break from its axis? Will somebody throw a bottle of white Alabama barbecue sauce at me the next time I’m in Birmingham-Shuttlesworth International Airport? Will Nick Saban have my SEC Network TV show canceled? Oh … wait. Is it too late for me to take this back? Is this how Paul Finebaum feels all the time?
6. No-Braska (0-2 )On one hand, the Huskers have suffered 2 losses. On the other hand, those losses were both on the roadway and one of those journeys was to Colorado, which is led by the biggest coach in the history of college football. The issue is that after eight turnovers in two games, while changing the ball from that one metaphorical hand to the other, Nebraska absolutely fumbled it away.
7. UTEPid(1-2 )The Minors opened the season by fulfilling Jacksonville State (which is not in the Jacksonville you’re considering, nor is it a state) with its first-ever FBS victory. Then they had to immaculately develop two come-from-behind efforts to defeat Incarnate Word. Then they lost 38-7 to protecting Bottom 10 champs North by Northworstern, which made its first win on U.S. soil because October 2021 and on any soil given that Aug. 27, 2022.
8. Whew Mexico State (1-2 )We have gotten much #Bottom 10Lobbying from both sides of this weekend’s Rio Grande Rivalry/Battle of I-25 between Whew Mexico State and Just Whew Mexico. Both fan bases have made excellent fan cases. Nevertheless, the reality is that the loser of Saturday’s 113th meeting in between Lobo Louie and Handgun Pete will suffer the Pillow Battle of the Week consequences and wind somewhere near the top bottom of these rankings one week from now. They will also suffer more than the majority of Pillow Battle of the Week losers due to the fact that I’m pretty sure that in the Land of Magic, they fill their pillows with beehive cacti.
9. UMess( 1-2 )In case you were questioning why Whew Mexico State earned the edge over Simply Whew Mexico for now, it’s because the Other Aggies lost their edge on Week 0, when they was up to these men. However the Minutemen have lost twice because that success, being up to Bottom 10 Waiting Lister My Hammy of Ohio over the weekend. After another dosage of #MACtion against the Eastern Michigan University Fightin’ Emus this weekend, UMess will host Whew Mexico AND Arkansaw State in back-to-back weekends. And yes, you can anticipate me to spend my weekly Monday go to with Rece Davis and Pete Thamel on the “College GameDay” podcast shamelessly lobbying them to do their little Saturday early morning television show in Amherst.
10. Sam Houston State, we have a problem (0-2)
The Bearkats krashed into the FBS football kommunity with konsistency on defense, keeping BYU and Flying force klamped down to just 27 points kombined. But the Bearkats kan’t kome up with a kounterattack, kultivating an inkonceivable 3 points skored.Waiting List: The 12th Man, San No-sé State, Simply Whew Mexico, North by Northworstern, EC-Yew, North Texas Lean Green, Bahstun Cawledge, U-Can’t, Baller State, the Colorado group that doesn’t have Deion as coach, Texas Wreck, extremely significant post-NCAA judgment hyperbole.